HISTORY AND TRADITION.
St. Louis Convent School was founded by the Sisters of St. Louis, whose aim was to provide Christian education in a changing world. It opened on the 1st of September 1913, in "Charleville" , originally the residence of Sir John Grey, Lord Lieutenant of Ireland.
From the Convent House, the school expanded in 1929 with the purchase of a nearby property, 8 Grosvenor Road, and in 1942 the property next door at 7 Grosvenor Road was acquired. A concert hall wing and twelve classrooms were added in 1950. In 1965 -
The introduction of the Free Education Scheme in summer 1967 led to rapid expansion of enrolments. A new school was built which was opened in 1982.
1982 also marked the drafting and development of the Ten-
During the academic year 2013-
The Le Chéile Trust is a collaborative trust set up initially by twelve and now fourteen congregations, one of whom is the St Louis order.
The Trust works to promote the mission in different school types. It carries out the legal, financial and inspirational work of the Patron. It has a special care for the spiritual dimension of the school, and for the faith formation. Its mission is:
"To promote Catholic education as an option within the Irish education system. To develop the schools of the congregations in the service of their local communities, the state and the church"
To read more about the Le Cheile Trust, visit their website www.lecheiletrust.ie